Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Holidays (Just Letting It Out)



2 Corinthians 5:10


1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.







 2 For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
 3 If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
 4 For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
 5 Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.
 6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that,
whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
 7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
 8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
 9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.
 10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.


I 
think my beliefs are burdening my family, especially for the holidays. I do not celebrate the holidays or birthdays, and no I am not a Jehovah Witness.  I feel that it should be respected if I choose not to partake in the holidays that others might partake in. I just do not feel that any of the holidays that are being celebrated that they consider ''holy'' have anything to do with the Heavenly Father, they are pagan. I'm not trying to bash anyones beliefs. I just feel that I should be able to stand up for what I believe is wrong. I just do not understand how we got to this place in life, how we are so conditioned, that we do not think for ourselves or even stop to think, is this what the Heavenly Father would want. Or can I imagine the Heavenly father and his disciples doing easter egg hunts, I mean seriously people. I'm just tired as being looked at like I'm the crazy one because I do not celebrate these days, the people have been lied to. This world is such a burden, everything & its customs. My only escape is turning to the Heavenly Father's word, sometimes I do not even want to get out of bed, I'd rather just go back to sleep. Thats why I chose to do a blog, so I can get everything that I hold in, out. & no, I'm not perfect, for I know there is only one who is. But as his child, I am commanded to be like him, since I was created in his image.

Jeremiah 10:3


For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.


Hmm???
What can this passage possible be talking about. I just think that some people do not want to let go of their ways, for whatever reason. But I know we aren't to judge, and by no means am I judging, I just feel that I you love someone you should want to show them truth. Because the Heavenly Fathers word is truth and he is the word, so therefore he is truth and if you do not like truth then you do not love the Heavenly Father.


I 
just want to live right, that's all. I do not want to push my beliefs down anyone's throat if they do not want it. I thought I was doing the right thing by pointing these things out to my family, but even though I may have good intentions, it doesn't matter in the end. I too understand that it takes a while for others to come to truth. & many wont. People need to put their pride down. 


Romans 12:2

 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.



Deuteronomy 12:29-32

 29 When the LORD thy God shall cut off the nations from before thee, whither thou goest to possess them, and thou succeedest them, and dwellest in their land;
 30 Take heed to thyself that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee; and that thou enquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? even so will I do likewise.
 31 Thou shalt not do so unto the LORD thy God: for every abomination to the LORD, which he hateth, have they done unto their gods; for even their sons and their daughters they have burnt in the fire to their gods.
 32 What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.


1 John 2:17

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
 16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
 17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.


John 14:15
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.


May the Heavenly Father be with you all, may you live holy, follow and keep his commandments.

No comments:

Post a Comment